Spelling the Hours – the lineup!
At long last, here’s the table of contents announcement for the poetry chapbook focusing on forgotten figures in science and technology, Spelling the Hours! This chapbook is one of the bonuses for the forthcoming An Alphabet of Embers anthology.
The chapbook is very cool – different styles, people, time periods – but I think that the most precious thing about Spelling the Hours is the emotional, personal nature of the poets’ explorations of the scientific and scholarly figures therein. I cannot wait to share it with you!
Spelling the Hours
- Introduction by Rose Lemberg
- The Clock House by Sonya Taaffe
- Madrepore by Mari Ness
- noble, nobel by na’amen
- Marginalia by Michele Bannister
- A Personal History of the Universal History of the Things of New Spain by Lisa M. Bradley
- Agnes Pockels Washes the Physics by Mary Alexandra Agner
- Pismis 24 by Nelly Geraldine García-Rosas
- The Lessons of the Knife by Lev Mirov
- Phliasian Investigations by Sonya Taaffe
- Never Cease by Bogi Takács
- Augur Effect by A. J. Odasso
- Girl Hours by Sofia Samatar